One More Roll?

17:47

One More Roll?

My academy's coach is trying to make this into a bit of a motto for us, and I quite like it.



As far as I'm concerned, unless you're about to spew on the mat, or some part of your body is broken, bent or bleeding, your answer should always be yes.

Every roll is a learning experience, not to mention valuable exercise to increase your fitness (For an interesting post on being totally gassed-out, see The Worthwhile Struggle: Leaving it All on the Mat). If you're turning them down without a good excuse you're more than likely being lazy and not allowing yourself to progress.

Plus, tenacity is a good personal attribute!

So, NSW Spring Cup is on Saturday - Tonight I'll be training at Jiu Jitsu Kingdom in the lead-up to the comp. I'm half nervous, half excited - let's see how that balance changes on Saturday!

Smell you later! (or not... please wash your gi..)
- George

You Might Also Like

0 comments