Sucking Doesn't Suck: Why I'm Excited to (Most Likely) Lose.

17:05

Hey Y'all!

Sucking at BJJ is what I'm really good at right now, and that doesn't particularly bother me! People keep saying "I know its frustrating" etc. The fact of the matter is, every time I step on a mat my only goal is to learn, and so far that's going quite well.

So, news: I've registered for my first comp! I'm going to be competing at the NSW Spring Cup. I've only entered in the featherweight gi division, mainly because I don't want to spend an enormous amount of money.

Source: NSWBJJ.com.au
I feel like this should be an awesome learning experience, and I'm really keen to get out there and give it a go!

I'll be taking a few classes at another gym in Sydney in the week leading up, plus working on my standing game with my brother, who's a pretty good judoka. I'll probably be writing about those and my experience at the comp itself.


This should be good!

Until you take an arrow to the knee,
- George

You Might Also Like

0 comments